- Professional Development
- Policy and Service Development
- Consultant working
- Conferences and courses
- Forthcoming Conferences
- Previous conferences
- CPD Event 2013
- ICEM 2012 Dublin
- Annual Scientific Conference 2012
- APEM 2012
- CPD Event 2012
- EuSEM 2012
- CEM IFEM Symposium
- CEM Conference 2011
- Birmingham 2010
- College Conference Brighton 2009 (Spring)
- London 2009
- College Conference Dublin 2008 (Autumn)
- College Inaugural Conference London 2008 (Spring)
- CEM Conference Sheffield Autumn 2007
- CEM Conference London Autumn 2006
- EMTA and FASSGEM conferences
- Courses and study days
- International Meetings
- Emergency Medicine Journal
- RSS Feeds
International Federation for Emergency Medicine (IFEM)
In 1991, the British Association for Emergency Medicine, along with the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians and the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine founded the International Federation for Emergency Medicine. Since then more and more countries with Emergency Medicine as a recognised discipline have joined its fold. CEM remains as a founder member of IFEM.
The mission of the IFEM is to “promote at an international level interchange, understanding and cooperation among physicians practicing emergency medicine”.
International meetings are held on a biennial basis, most recently in Dublin http://www.icem2012.org/
The 2014 conference will be held in Hong Kong (11-14 June 2014): www.icem2014.org
To find out more about IFEM please visit their website at www.ifem.cc
IFEM Framework for Quality and Safety in the ED (2012) - IFEM has developed a framework for quality and safety that is applicable across the globe. The framework:
- Summarises what patients should expect from an ED.
- Examines how the ED differs from other healthcare settings.
- Presents a theoretical framework for the domains of quality and safety.
- Identifies the enablers and barriers to quality care in the ED.
- Suggests areas where the measurement of indicators may prove valuable